Sunday, September 23

Roles and Rolla


Almost all my girls keep asking me hows its like getting married. I shared my stories but I guess its different for everyone because I married my best friend, HR. 
 
Basically, it is about adapting and communicating.  

We are both raised with different styles, roles and set of beliefs.  

We need to learn and accept them. Adapt. Communicate.  

For example, HR is prone to do last minute things while I like to plan, plan and plan somemore. I would not leave anything to chances. He adapts to my quirks of making to do list while I leave some aspect to suspense and surprise.   

While he never weeds in his life, he has to learn to now cause I am too busy in the kitchen. We communicate our roles. Mostly, it is give and take. I learn to cook his favourite dishes while he discovers my tedious ways of doing the laundry.   

I hide his t-shirts that I don't like whereas he learns to put his belongings in specific place that has been assigned to him. Keys hang there. Balls of used socks over the shoes.   Markers and pen on the drawers. Remote on the TV cabinet.   

I have to understand his fondness of loud music and provide him with ample guitar time. Or else he couldn't function. He lets me be out and about with my girls because that's just me. 

I always keep this in mind,     
   

                      "Don't try to change him to be what I want."  

1 comment:

Fatin Nordin said...

i like this post.

when r u cominggggg darlinggg